HFCI - GU oncology
Welcome to the HFCI GU Oncology team!
We are raising money to build the Henry Ford Genitourinary Oncology program.
Genitourinary (GU) cancers include:
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Penile cancer
Our team includes clinicians, researchers, patients and loved ones coming together to fight cancer.
Here are some projects that the GU oncology team has been working on:
- Understanding how hormone therapy activates cell death pathways in prostate cancer and why resistance happens
- Treating cancer by making it more difficult for prostate cancer cancer cells to repair telomeric DNA damage
- Using MRI guidance to improve prostate cancer radiation treatments
- Discovering new prostate cancer gene changes to find cancer earlier and improve treatments
- Harnessing the power of the immune system to fight cancer
- Gene therapy for prostate cancer
Our individual team members have combined forces to create this awesome fundraising team for Game On Cancer! Together we will raise more money for the Henry Ford Cancer Institute than we ever could alone!
Your donation will be matched dollar for dollar up to $25,000, so your gift will go even farther!
Want to help?
Help me support the Henry Ford Cancer Institute by making a donation or joining my team today! The process is fast, easy, and secure. I truly appreciate any support you can provide. It will benefit a great cause.
Game On Cancer is a joint partnership between Henry Ford Health System, The Detroit Lions and The Detroit Pistons. The mission of GOC (a joint partnership between HFCI, the Detroit Lions and the Detroit Pistons) is to provide a platform for funding groundbreaking research, enhancing patient care by alleviating barriers or burdens, and by supporting clinical programs that allow for best in class cancer care.
You can also help me reach my goal by sharing this page on Facebook and Twitter! Or, send an e-mail to friends you think might be interested in contributing and include a link to my page!
Thank you for joining us in the fight against cancer and helping to build a Legacy of Support for our patients!
Legend [lejend] noun
1. A person or thing that inspires.