RUN/WALK FOR CANCER PATIENTS!
Get more out of your workout than a good sweat!
When you join our Detroit Free Press 5K/Half Marathon/Marathon team you have the ability to combine your passion for fundraising with an opportunity to set and achieve an incredible personal goal for yourself.
Why Run or Walk for Game On Cancer?
Or, better yet, why not run or walk for Game On Cancer? When you register for any of the events offered during the Detroit Free Press Marathon weekend (October 20-21, 2018) AND register as a Game On Cancer participant, you will receive:
- Training resources and team member meet-ups
- Fundraising tools, including a personal web page, and guidance from our experienced staff
- Race medal
- Fundraising incentives such as a custom long-sleeved dri-fit shirt, a personal meet ‘n greet with a Lions player, a locker room tour and more.
- Lunch on race day
- Complimentary shuttle to/from Henry Ford Health System to/from the start/finish for all of our 5K participants
- Surprise goodies on race day
All team members who raise at least $150 will automatically receive an invitation to our special Game On Cancer Field Day event. Check out the various fundraising levels below!
How To Join - NEW THIS YEAR!
Simply to go the Detroit Free Press Marathon website and register for the event of your choice. Once you receive your email confirmation from the race please forward it to Anika Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will help you get a fundraising page set up on our Game On Cancer site. It will have a special badge on it to show you’re a Freep team member.
We invite you to join the Downtown Detroit Runners and Walkers at their informal weekly group run and walk trainings which take place every Tuesday at 5:45pm at various locations in downtown Detroit. Take a look here for their calendar. You can also find other group trainings listed here. Don’t hesitate to reach out to these groups and join in the fun!
Register today and invite your family and friends to join too! What better way to make running or walking in the Freep even more memorable this year!